18 April 2006

Normal

Today, I am normal. Well, normal according to the CDC's Adult BMI Calculator, at least. This is a pretty significant achievement for me. Yes, I know it's just a determination from the government, but it's nice to be in the range of normalcy. Most of my life, I've actually striven at not being "normal". In middle school, for example, I started wearing a ribbon in my hair, and as soon as a bunch of other girls started doing the same, I stopped. I paint my toenails odd colors; they're currently an aqua-green. I prefer to be unique and have changed my style if it becomes the norm. But, in this regard, I'm thrilled to be normal!

Now, I've got 3 more milestones: under 150 lbs (b/c 150 still seems "overweight" to me), size 8 pants and my goal weight of 135 lbs. I'm now just 3 lbs from 149 lbs, my size 10 pants are starting to become a little loose and I'm just 17 lbs from my goal. Not much further ... to get me to what may be one of the biggest challenges yet, maintaining!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Smiling. I'm glad your normal. I was lauging cause I have been like you, I always did things to set myself a part from others. I always did things to be different.
Your doing great with your weight Jenn. Keep up the good work.

Holly said...

congratulations!

I'm a few pounds away from no longer being obese. How happy I will be to be merely "overweight"!