25 January 2006

Getting dressed 101?

I'm having difficulty getting dressed these days. My wardrobe has once again been reduced to small proportions by my weight loss. I guess I am complaining (and can't believe I'm doing it!), but I don't want to buy any more clothes right now! It's just that I can't really afford to go out and buy new stuff all that often, and on top of that, I really want the next pair of pants I buy to be a size 12! I honestly, truly can't remember the last time I wore a size 12 as I don't remember what I wore in high school, and it seems like I've been wearing a size 14 forever. So, that size will be a major milestone for me.

So, when I got to the point of needing to get dressed this morning, I first tried a pair of size 16 pants that I bought a few months ago, and they literally fell off. Then, the 2nd pair, size 14, didn't quite fall off, but I knew that they'd feel like they were all day long. So, I settled on a pair of size 14 cords from LB. I've been avoiding wearing them b/c I think they're too tight (they're a 14 too; what's up with that?!), but given that I'm now down to 5 pairs of pants and 2 pairs of jeans that fit (and 2 pairs of the pants are already dirty), I didn't have much of a choice. My co-worker told me she thought they looked great and didn't look too tight at all, but I didn't turn around to show her my butt. I can't stand the underwear lines!! Oh, and on top of that I'm wearing a size 18/20 top that is way too loose. And, even if I did want to go buy new stuff the Eddie Bauer in my local mall is closing down! So, that leaves me with just Old Navy, and their stuff still seems to fit too strangely over my butt/hips/stomach. Grrrr! I never thought I'd become frustrated with having lost weight! Don't get me wrong; I'm thrilled with having lost all this weight (103lbs as of yesterday!). But, it's just the clothes issue I could live without.

Something else I can live without? The darn mouse that's decided to take up residence in my house! On Tuesday I discovered one of the andirons in the fireplace had been knocked over and wondered what might have caused my dog to do that. Then, last night as I sleepily made my way into the kitchen to get water and my meds, I saw it zip across the kitchen floor. So, Koba must have been chasing it. Dangit! And, me without a man to get rid of it! I don't want to kill it, but I don't want it living in my house either! Does anyone have any suggestions for humane removal that don't involve me touching it?

4 comments:

Holly said...

there are humane traps, but i don't go for them. unfortunately where there is one mouse, there are usually more. I use plain old fashioned meanie snap traps.

if you use a humane trap you need to take the mouse several miles away from your house to release it, otherwise he'll just find his way back.

it amazes me that i can wear a large, and extra large, and then find a 2x that is too small. sizes and fits are just weird.

Kim S. said...

Old Navy and the Gap were on my "Most Hated" stores list while dropping the pounds. I could go to Eddie Bauer or Banana Republic and wear a size 10 or 12, but when I went to Old Navy or the Gap I couldn't even pull a 16 up over my rear. Once I had my tummy tuck, things changed! I'll never forget going to the Gap last spring and pulling on a size 8. The tummy tuck was the best for fitting into clothes properly. When I was dropping sizes, I did a bunch of shopping at Target, TJ Maxx and Mervyn's. I found some great deals at Kohl's as well.
Enjoy your quest for new clothes! It's important to feel good about the way you are presenting yourself to the world.
Take care,
Kim

Sandi Hooper said...

Jenn,
What a bizarre twist of fate, eh? I'm having the same kinds of problems--except the only store around here is Wal*Mart! I have to order everything from catalogs...the sizes are never uniform. I like the quality of LLBean stuff, but it runs very large and not much selection. My clothes are too bland and plain right now. I'm ready to start asserting some fashion identity, but want to see what I'm really going to look like first...

Anonymous said...

woo-hoo for the milestone... although its giving you headaches in other departments, hehe.