23 January 2006

A new chapter coming

This week marks another major change for me. I'm taking a Landscape Architecture class this semester, and my first class is on Wednesday. It's difficult for me to believe it's been 9 years since I last took a course as it doesn't seem like that long ago, but when I look at the students, I can really see how darn young they all are! Take for example my trip to the bookstore to pick up the required books for the course. Thankfully, I wasn't completely unfamiliar with the process of finding my books as I attended this university before, but things have certainly changed. What surprised me most, though, was seeing the girls dressed in their PJs and sweats but still managing to look like they hadn't just crawled out of bed ... not to mention how tiny they all were! I can't even imagine what it must be like for any obese women who are doing their best to make it amongst the sorority girls and their self-important attitudes. What I do know is that I wouldn't have had the confidence myself to go back to school (or even take just one class) the way that I was and I couldn't be more excited to get things going!

3 comments:

Sandi Hooper said...

This is great, Jenn. I'm very excited for you. I love this new chapter.

The Catapillar said...

It's Awesome you are going back to school. I am trying to get motivated to do the same. Good Luck with your classes.

Holly said...

i discovered last semester that some of those girls were actually a bit fragile and looking for friends, even though they were fiercely cute. i was surprised... i found myself as sort of their "pet old person" LOL