01 January 2006

Heading back to reality

I'm flying back home tomorrow ... to an impending snow/rain/sleet storm. So, I may be lucky to get home. I don't look forward to saying goodbye to my nieces and my sister; they've been a fantastic distraction. Speaking of distractions, my sister and I saw Memoirs of a Geisha today. I _loved_ it! It's been a while since I read the book, so I didn't remember everything exactly. But, from what I remembered, it followed the book rather closely. The score, as I expected, was fantastic, and the scenery was incredible. It just solidified my desire to someday visit Japan.

When I last spoke with my husband on Christmas day, he asked if it would be ok if he called me sometime later in the week. Well, he hasn't called. This fact disappoints me greatly. I know I'm going to see him on Tuesday at our counseling session, but I'd hoped to talk with him before it. And, just the fact that he didn't do as he said he would is disheartening. I realize there may be a very good, legitimate reason for him not calling, but right now, I don't understand. It's going to make for a very long trip home; at least I'm in the middle of a very good book.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm back at my parents'!! Yeah!!! The storm has hit, but thankfully, it wasn't as bad as predicted. So, no major delays.

Holly said...

glad you made it okay...
*smiles*

Kaye Bailey said...

Hi Jenn - I'm keeping good thoughts in my heart for you today & always.

Kaye

The Catapillar said...

Just like a man to say he'll call and doesn't. I will be praying that your counseling session goes well.