04 November 2005

It's that time of year again ...

It's my birthday today, and this morning, my husband had me open a present from him before leaving for work. It was a pair of Life Is Good pajama pants, a cap and a very cool mug. When I pulled the PJs out of the bag and held them out in front of myself, Jason said, "try them on!" I hesitated and said I'd rather not try them on in front of him (because just by looking at them they looked like they'd be too small). So, after he left the room, I got out of bed and immediately slipped them on (the operative word being slipped!). There was no tugging or pulling involved; I just slipped them on! Mind you, they must have intended them for Amazonian women as I was walking on them, and they are an XL. But, hey, they fit! So, I immediately ran to the kitchen to show him, and he gave me a really big hug. Amazing, just truly amazing.

And, to top it off, he sent some absolutely beautiful flowers to me at work! Yeah, I think I'll keep him. :)

4 comments:

Holly said...

congratulations on that XL. I wore a pair off 22 carpis all day yesterday. they were uncomfortable, but i wore them BECAUSE I COULD. felt fantastic.

Jenn said...

Thanks! Hey, I've got a bunch of 22 capris that I got at Lane Bryant this summer and only wore a handful of times. Would you like them? I'd be happy to send them to you, or I can take pics and email them to you so that you can check them out.

Kaye Bailey said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Congrats on the XL's. I understand EXACTLY! I cried like a baby when I fit into size XL Hanes Her Way Sweats! And now, the funny thing - today if I had to wear XL's - I'd cry like a baby! Enjoy them while it lasts cause your still moving down the size scale! Lots more celebrations ahead for you!

Jenn said...

Thanks very much, Kaye! I actually already bought some new Nick & Nora flannel PJs in an L the other day at Target, and while they're a little tight at the stomach and hips, I got them on! Looking forward to more smaller sizes!